By Shayna Mace | Photography by Hillary Schave
Clockwise from top left:
- Driftless Glen Distillery WisconGin, $42.99, Willy Street Co-op
- Yes Cocktail Co. Sugar Plum cocktail mixer, $18, Little Pop Color Shop
- Maple Leaf Cheese Co. cherry white cheddar, $7, wisconsincheesemart.com
- mouse card holder, $10, Little Pop Color Shop
- “Around the Board” book, $24.99, Little Pop Color Shop
- honey dipper, $15, Little Pop Color Shop
- bee spoon, $9, Little Pop Color Shop
- Potter’s Crackers Apple Crisp crisps, $4.99, Willy Street Co-op
- Quince & Apple Raspberry Rose and Pear and Honey with Ginger preserves, $7.49 each, Willy Street Co-op
- Siren Shrub Co. Tart Cherry Sparkling Shrub, $13.99/pack of four, Willy Street Co-op
- Art of Sucre cotton candy glitter bomb, $20/pack of four, Little Pop Color Shop
- Driftless Provisions cacciatore (elk and pork salami), $11.49, Willy Street Co-op
- Fix Cocktail Simple Syrups Tart Cherry Grenadine, $8.99, Willy Street Co-op
- The Cider Farm Apple Brandy, $43.99, Willy Street Co-op
- Pink House Alchemy blood orange dried botanicals, $25, Little Pop Color Shop
- Nutkrack candied pecans, $7.99, Willy Street Co-op
A TASTE OF WISCONSIN
Stumped on what to buy your parents, in-laws or a party host?
Pick up an Old Sugar Distillery brandy old fashioned gift basket for $50. The kit comes complete with a bottle of Old Sugar’s Brandy Station, fermented from local grapes and aged in toasted and charred barrels that add vanilla and caramel tasting notes.
It also includes their signature cocktail cherries, ANGOSTURA’s legendary bitters made from herbs and spices, and their cocktail book. oldsugardistillery.com
EAT, DRINK, HAVE FUN
Go beyond the glass with these fun cocktail experiences.
- Join a Driftless Glen Distillery Tour. First, do an olive oil and balsamic tasting with Renée Olive Oil and Balsamics, which is also owned by the owners of Driftless Glen (and located on-site). Next, take the 45-minute distillery tour by sampling five different Driftless Glen spirits. $20 per person. driftlessglen.com
- Reserve a private tasting. Try Bailey’s Run Winery in New Glarus, Wollersheim Winery & Distillery in Prairie du Sac or the American Wine Project in Mineral Point. baileysrunvineyard.com, wollersheim.com, americanwineproject.com.
- Book a cocktail class for groups of eight or more at Gib’s on Willy Street. gibs.bar
- Book a private space for up to 70 of your closest friends inside the Cannery Wine Bar and Tasting Room on Main Street in Sun Prairie. cannerywineandspirits.com
— Hannah Wente