Delightful details and rich fabrications are all you need right now.
- Gleamy gold and an Art Deco feel jazz up this light fixture. Visual Comfort Bryant Four Light Bath Sconce, $925, Madison Lighting.
- A soft blue stripe blanket is a perfect functional accent. Pendleton Eco-Wise wool blanket, $149, pendleton-usa.com.
- A stool in a peppy print equals a statement piece for any room. Pillow-top ottoman (covered in Josef Frank fabric), $1,850, Straight Thread Chair Co.
- “I recently read ‘Joyful’ by Ingrid Fetell Lee, which was perfectly timed with this color trend. It looks at the impact of design, and specifically color, has on creating environments that inspire personal joy,” says interior designer Alexis Garrett Blake. “Joyful” book, $30, A Room of One’s Own.
- A lamp with color and pattern is a welcome addition to any side table. Blue ceramic table lamp, $60, Pier One (image courtesy of Pier One).
- Jute rugs are not only stylish, but durable. Try layering a smaller patterned rug on top for a sophisticated look. Surya Davidson jute rug, $85 and up, Creative Energy.
- The basketweave texture on this chair can mix and match with a variety of looks, from coastal to classic. Opalhouse Ceylon woven dining chair, $140, Target.
- A sunburst pattern on this gorgeous sideboard hints at retro glamour, but is in a thoroughly modern silhouette. Ambrose pine sideboard, $2,390, Brown & Beam (image courtesy of Brown & Beam).
- “I’ve loved collaborating with local furniture makers like Farmstrong Design, The Straight Thread and New Metal Creations. The city of Madison has incredible talent!” says Garrett Blake. 60” round walnut and steel base dining table, price upon request, Farmstrong Design.