Winter tends to wear on our skin but local soap and emollient makers have created some solutions. Lindsay Snow, “master soaper” at Craft Brewed Suds in Madison, recommends a combination of handmade soap and lotion bars to keep your skin hydrated. Others, like Qēt Botanicals, offer pure body oils and butters to stave off dryness. LüSa Organics offers a divine facial cleansing oil to keep the moisture in.
- Espresso Mint Body Polish by Qēt Botanticals, $25; qetbotanicals.com.
- Facial Cleansing Oil by LüSa Organics, $12.75; lusaorganics.com.
- Rowan Tree White Sage Body Butter $12; rowantreebathworks.com.
- Ultra Garden Serum for Body by Qēt Botanicals, $36; qetbotanicals.com.
- Lavish Serum Salve by Qēt Botanticals, $60; qetbotanicals.com.
- Energizing Lotion Bar by LüSa Organics, $8.35; lusaorganics.com.
- Long Faced Dove Solid Lotion Bar and White Rabbit Solid Lotion Bar by Craft Brewed Suds, $5 each; craftbrewedsuds.com.
- Rowan Tree Solid Lotion Bar, $16; rowantreebathworks.com.