By Julia Richards | Styled and Photographed by Shanna Wolf
As we come into the food-centered holidays, the dining room takes the spotlight. Just as tempting smells invite your guests in, so too can warm fall design features, such as the soft richness of velvet and leather. “We’re really emphasizing texture through fall,” says Zoe Braun, interior designer at Brown & Beam. Their rugs made of dyed strips of leather interwoven with cotton are as easy on the foot as they are on the eye. A raw-edge table with a heavy metal base offers a rustic modern farmhouse feel, while warm blues and jewel tones lend to a gentle transition to winter. Fixtures in copper and caramel-hued, rather than shiny, brass mix well with other metals and large-scale botanical prints bring in color and interest. With such cozy surroundings, you and yours can linger for hours around the table.
From left to right:
- Blake Live Edge Dining Table ($2,660) and Nina Velvet Dining Chair ($450); Zanders Interiors.
- Linen Zanzibar Window Treatment Fabric by Schumacher, prices vary; Zanders Interiors.
- Hay J77 Chair, $238; The Century House.
- Natural Brass Six Light Erzo Chandelier by Kichler, $420; Madison Lighting.
- Spokes Leather 8×10 Rug, $790; Brown & Beam.