By Shayna Mace | Photography by Shanna Wolf
Twenty-nine years — an anniversary worth celebrating for any small business.
The Montage, a home furnishings and decor shop, draws customers from all over the area who are looking for ultra-chic items.
Originally named The Amish Barn, owners Dan and Patty Leavitt renamed the store around 20 years ago to reflect a modern sensibility and their expanded inventory beyond just Amish furnishings.
The store’s exterior looks like a barn (with elegant navy siding) and inside, rooms and vignettes are arranged for customers to imagine their dream spaces populated with wallet-friendly items. Embodying a modern farmhouse style, The Montage has small pops of industrial pieces, traditional looks and timeless classics — and they still carry a line of Amish furnishings.
If you’re stumped on how to pull together a room in your home, the shop offers free, in-home design consultations. “We can create a feeling and help people enjoy their spaces,” says manager Dottie Motley.
5808 US-51, McFarland. themontagehome.com
Shop the Look
- This Leather Italia camel leather chair is a perfect, timeless piece. $999.95
- These adorable animal heads are perfect for a child’s room — or in any room — for a little whimsy. $99.95 & $129.95
- Depending on how you accessorize this circular display, it could look farmhouse chic, midcentury modern or traditional. $129.95
- An arty wall display at a more wallet-friendly price. $249.95
- Look closer: The elegant lines on this Norwalk Renee sofa’s arms are gorgeous — and the cool contrast piping is another surprise. $2,599.95